2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
The National Council of Negro Women, Inc. was founded by educator and civil rights activist Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune on December 5, 1935. The Greater Pocono Section is pleased to offer our scholarship in honor of Dr. Bethune.
- The Scholarship will be in the amount of $500 for one chosen student.
- The Scholarship will be awarded once only.
- Application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Winner will be notified on Friday, April 26, 2019;
- The awardee may be requested to attend a meeting on Saturday, June 8 to accept the scholarship award.
The scholarship awardee must meet the following criteria:
- Be a female student of African descent
- Be a senior at a public high school in Monroe County, Pennsylvania o Have a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Be accepted to a four-year university in the Fall of 2019
- Cannot be related to any current Greater Pocono Section members
Applicant will complete all components and mail application and required documentation to:
Greater Pocono Section
National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
62 Analomink Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Or email all documents to:
Subject: College Planning 101 Scholarship Application
Attention: College Planning 101
Application will be judged by a panel of Greater Pocono Section College Planning 101 members.
The winner will be notified by the Greater Pocono Section by Friday, April 26, 2019.
The winner will be invited to attend a Greater Pocono Section meeting to be recognized.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE:
MARCH 29, 2019